Monday, October 3, 2016

Journal 1 Blog Post Chapters 1-3

  • One thing for sure is that I did not know how involved web development could be. I have a very small amount of experience using front page to create my own webpages years and years ago, but I never did anything more than putting a few images and some text on the page. I am looking forward to learning more about it, but nervous at the same time as it seems like there is a lot of information that I will need to know.
    • Is there an end to the amount of knowledge? It seems like there is always something new to learn.
  • It really seems like mobile phones are going to be the way of the internet pretty soon. I don’t look things up on my phone that much other than to check on the score of a game or something similar, as I am concerned about my data usage. I do see a lot of people with their noses in their phones all the time. Whether it be checking social media, reading up on the latest headlines, or watching videos on YouTube, everyone is on their phone. It makes sense to learn how to design websites for mobile use as it is more likely to be the method of viewing.
    • Will there be more browsers in the future or will chrome or safari be it?

2 comments:

  1. It is great that you are very dedicated and motivated to learning the craft of web design again. I truly can be intimidating if you need to relearn a subject. The great thing is, since technology changes ever few years you are in the same boat as many others, so dont stress. You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you that mobile devices are the way of the future. I currently use my phone to do the reading while I am on the go and I am always using my tablet to save and read when wifi is available. I am also hesitant about all the new technology but also am excited to see where it leads us and how we use it..

    ReplyDelete